One footprint, Two solutions
A hybrid panel that simultaneously produces electricity and heating for your swimming pool
The electricity generated by the high efficiency photovoltaic (PV) cells covers all the electricity needs of your swimming pool (in particular, the filtration pump and in some cases, the heat pump). The surplus electricity can be self-consumed in your home, or returned into the grid for a feed-in tariff or a net-metering program.
The internal heat exchanger allows direct connection to your pools water circuit. As your pool water flows through the heat exchanger, the water is heated whilst simultaneously cooling the panel, increasing the efficiency of the PV electrical generation.
The conversion of light into electricity is called the photovoltaic effect. Solar panels convert energy from sunlight into direct current (DC) electrical energy, which is then changed into alternating current (AC) for your home’s electrical consumption. Excess energy can be fed into a battery storage system for later use, or returned to the grid for a feed-in tariff or a net-metering program.
As pool water is circulated through the heat exchanger integrated into the panel on the underside of the photovoltaic surface, it absorbs the surplus energy created by the sunlight and photovoltaic effect. As a result, the water is heated and returned to the pool whilst simultaneously cooling the panel and allowing the PV electrical generation to be maintained at peak performance.
THE (ECO)LOGICAL EVOLUTION OF SOLAR POWER
DualSun’s hybrid solar technology is based on two principles regarding photovoltaic panels:
- PV panels generate much more heat (85%) than electricity (15%) when exposed to the sun,
- The efficiency of PV panels decreases as temperature increases.
DualSun’s innovative hybrid solar panel recovers the wasted heat from the photovoltaic cells to produce hot water. In the process, the water circulation cools the PV cells, increasing efficiency by up to 15%. Thus, a DualSun installation can produce up to 4 times more energy than a standard photovoltaic installation.
A SOLAR POWER SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR BUILDINGS
1. INNOVATIVE HEAT EXCHANGER: completely integrated into the panel, allowing for excellent heat transfer between the photovoltaic frontsheet and the water flow.
2. ULTRA THIN DESIGN: standard dimensions of a photovoltaic panel (6-inch cell, 60 cells).
3. HIGH PERFORMANCE PHOTOVOLTAICS:monocrystalline, high efficiency, cooled by water circulation.