AT MELBOURNE POOL BARRIER INSPECTIONS OUR PRIORITY IS TO KEEP YOU SWIMMING SAFELY
We deliver a friendly, expert pool fence inspection service which focuses on the compliance and safety of your pool and/or spa to ensure the safety of your family and pets at all times. Our aim is to ensure as many pools and spas in Melbourne comply with relevant safety standards as possible.
Empowering swimming pool owners
At Melbourne Pool Barrier Inspections, we are passionate about offering a simple-to-understand solution. Our qualifications and experience allow us to interpret the current pool fencing safety regulations for you, to make sure your pool and/or spa complies with the relevant legislations of the Victorian Government. Not only do we thoroughly inspect each pool area, but we go one step further to help educate pool and spa owners, in hope of reducing the risk of one day receiving a phone call that a family member has drowned.
We live and breathe swimming pools
The business has been formed by director Kim Mortley, after more than 20 years’ experience in the swimming pool industry. As the owner of Dolphin Pools in Camberwell, Kim’s extensive experience with thousands of Melbourne pool owners has made him aware of the lack of compliance around pool fencing. With 3 children under 6 years old, safety is a priority for Kim and his family, and he is passionate about making it a priority for every other family as well.
The benefit of coming from a swimming pool background is that there is nothing we haven’t seen before! We can easily identify potential hazards and practical solutions that make it painless for you to comply now, and to easily manage for years to come. We have spent years forming solid relationships in the pool industry, so should you require any repairs or ongoing maintenance, our team can provide the best solution for the job.
Accredited, licensed and insured
Kim is a fully insured and accredited Fencing Inspector, licenced by the Victorian Building Authority. We adhere to all of the relevant and current Australian and Victorian Standards, so you can feel safe knowing you are in capable hands.
Book your inspection today
Melbourne Pool Barrier Inspections service a range of suburbs across Melbourne, including East & South Eastern Suburbs, Bayside and the Mornington Peninsula. If you would like to discuss your pool compliance needs call us on 0421 369 368 or book an inspection today.
In order to prevent drownings, the Victorian Government have introduced new pool fencing regulations. If you are a pool owner you must register your pool with your local council by the following dates:
- If your pool was constructed on or before 30/06/1994 you must lodge your compliance certificate by 1/11/2021
- If your pool was constructed from 1/07/1994 to 30/04/2010 you must lodge your compliance certificate by 1/11/2022
- If your pool was constructed from 1/05/2010 to 31/10/2020 you must lodge your compliance certificate by 1/11/2023
- If your pool was constructed after 1/11/2020 your first certificate of barrier compliance must be lodged within 30 days of the date of issue of the certificate. It must accompany your application for registration.
You must obtain a certificate of compliance every 4 years for any body of water, including:
- Inground pools and/or spas (indoor or outdoor)
- Above-ground pools and spas, including relocatable and inflatable pools that are capable of holding more than 300 mm (30 cm) depth of water and require assembly on site.
- Bathing and/or wading pools that are capable of holding more than 300mm of water (depth).